Sent January 10th, 2015
One Week After Workday: 10 Tips
- Use proper casing when entering details into Workday.
- Check to make sure you're not hiring someone who has already been hired.
- Add a new row during the Add Costing Allocation business process instead of writing over an existing costing allocation.
- Enter default weekly hours first during Hire or Add Additional Job.
- Set up Period Activity Pay only after the Assign Pay Group Step has been completed.
- Keep in mind that there could be a delay of 45 minutes to 15 hours before new hires can log into Workday for the first time.
- When adding or updating state tax withholdings, ensure that the employee completes and uploads the accompanying State W-4 Withholding form.
- When an employee needs to reverify his/her I-9 documents, instruct them to select the Complete Form I-9 Document Reverification task in Workday.
- Searching for a terminated employee? After entering the name of the employee in the search box, select "All of Workday" on the left-hand navigation once the initial search completes.
- Refer to Provost Office policies for which documents should be uploaded in to Workday for academic transactions.
View the complete newsletter here.